The Chenango United Way is starting its annual fund raising campaign September 22, 2012 with a Day of Caring. Many volunteers will be helping our community “spruce up” with United Way’s projects around the county. A sampling of the projects occurring on the Chenango United Way Day of Caring is community clean-up, painting and general building projects.
We just want to remind our friends around the county that their dollars given here stay in the county to help our residents in many different ways. The Chenango United Way also ensures that the dollars given to a specified program are used as requested, not channeled off to some other projects that were not approved. Some examples of what has been accomplished this past year that many may not be aware of are:
• More than 75 people were assisted as a result of the flooding in 2006 and 2011
• Over $12,000 in funds were distributed to 18 pantries and soup kitchens across Chenango County
• Your generosity helped 200 low income homes receive weatherization for their homes
• 1,950 Chenango County students participated in service learning activities that increased their academic competencies
• Mental health services were provided through school based programs..