GREENE – Page’s Seed’s newest division will bring the company back to its agricultural roots as well as introduce two programs designed to assist non profit organizations.
The 112-year-old company, located in the Village of Greene, recently launched Page’s Ag and Farm Division. The division will provide direct-to-the-farm sales of pasture and forage grasses, crop seed, accessories and enhancements.
When it was founded in 1896, Page’s Seed served a rural, farming customer base. It was among the first in upstate New York to mobilize its sales force in a small fleet of Model T Fords. Mobility expanded the geographic reaches of the company’s seed sales. Gradually, contact with the farming community was replaced by national retail seed sales.