OXFORD – Two Oxford youths playing with flammable liquids were severely burned and airlifted to medical facilities Thursday night.
The Oxford Police Department is investigating an apparent explosion that happened at the Community Apartments off Chenango Street in the Village of Oxford.
At around 9:01 p.m. Thursday, a loud explosion was heard near the apartments. Oxford fire and emergency crews responded to the scene and found two young boys injured. Police believe the two boys were playing with a bottle of “nitro fluid” which is commonly used in radio-controlled racing cars.