NEW BERLIN – The South New Berlin Horseshoe Club’s 2022 season ended after its award banquet was held on September 18. At the banquet, Kelly’s Flowers, Ed Kohler and Lee Coon, received the first place plaque after finishing with a best record of 53.5-18.5. Coon was also named Sportsman of the Year.
Baillie Lumber’s Tim Lidell and Mike Grant finished in second with a record of 48-24 with Harrington Tree Service’s Danny Harrington and Lance Gage taking third (44.5-27.5). Harrington was also named Rookie of the Year.
Rounding out the top five of the standings was Webster Paving’s Ed Webster and Bob Wells in fourth place and The Trophy Guy, Cindy and Joe Miller, in fifth. The Trophy Guy was a team that battled throughout this season and deserved the top five finish. Both teams tied with a record of 44-28.
Aside from the top teams, there were also the top three scores of the season. Dale Lund maintained the men’s high average with an 80. He also held the men’s high series scratch with a 265 and the men’s high single scratch with a 98.
Al Patten led the men’s high series handicap as Tim Lidell beat out Ed Webster 132-131 to earn the high singles handicap honors.
Lund and Ron Anderson’s team Rustic Ridge finished sixth in the final standings and earned the team high series scratch, the team high series handicap, and the team high singles scratch accomplishments. Baillie Lumber finished out on top of the team high singles handicap with a 241 over Rustic Ridge’s 236.
For the women, it was a battle all season between Jess Sherwood and Kate Lloyd. Both tremendous women tied with a 63 average. Lloyd finished victorious in the women’s high series scratch with 229 points while Sherwood earned the high series handicap.
Sheryl Rowe finished second to them, but picked up the women’s high singles scratch for her impressive efforts this season. Rowe, Sherwood, and Cindy Miller all tied with 121 points in the women’s high singles handicap to end the season.
The club also paid tribute to its member Mike Aylesworth, who passed away late in the season. He was inducted into the South New Berlin Horseshoe Club Hall of Fame. At the banquet, Mike’s wife, brother, and mother were in attendance to accept the award on his behalf.
The South New Berlin Horseshoe Club anticipates returning in the Summer of 2023.
1. Kelly’s Flowers-Ed Kohler/Lee Coon-53.5-18.5,7569 points
2. Baillie Lumber-Tim Lidell/Mike Grant-48-24,6423 points
3. Harrington Tree Service-Danny Harrington/Lance Gage-44.5-27.5,3624 points
4. Webster Paving-Ed Webster/Bob Wells-44-28,6058 points
5. The Trophy Guy-Cindy Miller/Joe Miller-44-28,5246 points
6. Rustic Ridge-Ron Anderson/Dale Lund-42.5-29.5,8024 points
7. Potter’s Tire-Billy Schermerhorn/John Edwards-41.5-30.5,5786 points
8. Taylor’s Country House-Brad Shaver/Jess Sherwood-41.5-30.5, 5558 points
9. Angela’s Drunks with Rhythm-Rob Rowlands/Lisa Rowlands-40-32,2241 points
10. P & E-Chris Eastman/Bill King-39.5-32.5,4786 points
11. Laughlin’s Lawn Care-Sheryl Rowe/Bob Rowe-39-33,5348 points
12. Service Pharmacy-Larry Loomis/Melvin Harvey-38-34,3227 points
13. Bert Adams Disposal-Larry Shaw/Garrett Gott-37.5-34.5,4705 points
14. Norwich Tractor-Dan Raymond/Julie Raymond-37-35,2679 points
15. Carpet Protectors-Brian Prentice/Josh Prentice-35.5-36.5,4323 points
16. Rolling M Stables-Justin Moffitt/Jim Moffitt–35.5-36.5,3203 points
17. Wise Guys Sammy’s-Mike Aylesworth/Jamie Delamater-35-33,4739 points
18. Stafford Builders-Al Bush/Al Patten-34-38,6446 points
19. Prolifiq Sign Studio-Tresta Smith/Kate Lloyd-33-39,5200 points
20. Carpet Plus Color Tile-Roger Chase/Robert Glover-32-40,3242 points
21. Acorn Acres Farmstead-Darla Smith/Sheryl Thurston-30-42,2685 points
22. Lloyd’s BBQ-George Hanslmaier/Jared Hanslmaier-24.5-47.5,4401 points
High Series Scratch:
Rustic Ridge 509
Kelly’s Flowers 475
Baillie Lumber 405
High Series Handicap:
Rustic Ridge 661
The Trophy Guy 658
Kelly’s Flowers 652
High Single Scratch:
Rustic Ridge 188
Kelly’s Flowers 172
Baillie Lumber 161
High Single Handicap:
Baillie Lumber 241
Rustic Ridge 236
Webster Paving 234
Men’s High Average:
Dale Lund 80
Women’s High Average:
Jess Sherwood & Kate Lloyd 63
Men’s High Series Scratch:
Dale Lund 265
Lee Coon 259
Al Patten 256
Women’s High Series Scratch:
Kate Lloyd 229
Sheryl Rowe 221
Jess Sherwood 220
Men’s High Single Scratch:
Dale Lund 98
Ron Anderson 94
Tim Lidell 93
Women’s High Single Scratch:
Sheryl Rowe 86
Jess Sherwood 85
Kate Lloyd 82
Men’s High Series Handicap:
Al Patten 352
Ron Anderson 345
Ed Kohler & Bob Wells 340
Women’s High Series Handicap:
Jess Sherwood 338
Sheryl Rowe 335
Kate Lloyd 334
Men’s High Single Handicap:
Tim Lidell 132
Ed Webster 131
Mike Grant 127
Women’s High Single Handicap:
Sheryl Rowe, Jess Sherwood, Cindy Miller 121