Fire In Oxford Extinguished Before Spreading To Multiple Apartments

By: Zachary Meseck

Fire in Oxford extinguished before spreading to multiple apartments (Oxford Fire Department Facebook Photo)

OXFORD – An electrical fire in the Village of Oxford was stopped before it could spread throughout an apartment complex over the weekend after an electrical cord overheated.

According to Village of Oxford Fire Department Chief Ron Martin at approximately 11:57 p.m. on Sunday firefighters were dispatched to 8 Greene Street in the Village of Oxford.

“It came in as an apartment fire, and there are multiple rentals in that building so we worked quickly to stop the fire from spreading,” said Martin. “I heard there were some gentlemen that went around before we arrived and pounded on windows to get everyone out.”

Story Continues Below Adverts

“If that is truly the case, then kudos to them because if someone was in that apartment and asleep they wouldn’t be here with us today because of how heavy the smoke was when we arrived.”

TO READ THE FULL STORY

The Evening Sun

Continue reading your article with a Premium Evesun Membership

View Membership Options




Comments

Official Evening Sun Facebook

pennysaver logo
Shop4Autos logo
greatgetaways logo
Official Evening Sun Twitter