OXFORD – A home in the Town of Oxford is being considered a total loss after an electrical fire spread through the home last week and damaged more than six acres of nearby land.
No residents were hurt but officials said a few firefighters received minor injuries while fighting the fire.
According to Village of Oxford Fire Chief Ron Martin, at approximately 2 p.m. on Thursday firefighters were dispatched to 3400 County Route 32 in the Town of Oxford with a call of a full involved house fire with entrapment.
Martin said firefighters battled the flames for hours, arriving at around 2 p.m. and staying until 9 p.m. that night.
“It was a total loss, there’s absolutely nothing left,” said Martin. “The fire was heavily involved when we arrived, and after determining that there wasn’t any entrapment it quickly became a defensive operation.”
He said not only was the house on fire, but it spread to nearby grass, brush, and trees. He added that high wind speeds and the direction of the wind added to the difficulty.