Two Firefighters Suffer Minor Injuries While Responding To Fire Inside Norwich Home

By: Zachary Meseck

Two firefighters suffer minor injuries while responding to fire inside Norwich home (Pinstripes Photography Photo)

NORWICH - Two firefighters were injured on Friday night after emergency responders entered a home in the City of Norwich to extinguish a fire that was contained to a bedroom and attic.

According to City of Norwich Fire Department Chief Jan Papelino, one firefighter from the City of Norwich received minor burns, and another from the North Norwich Fire Department twisted their knee in an attack on a fire that was reported at 9:47 p.m. on Friday, at 61 Henry Street in the City of Norwich.

“I was on the scene in about two minutes, and engine four got there at about 9:51 p.m.,” said Papelino. “It was an electrical fire that started on the second floor, and most of the damage was contained to the back bedroom and attic area.”

Story Continues Below Adverts

“We didn’t clear the scene until about 2 a.m. due to the following investigation.”

He said older wiring in the second floor was the likely cause of the fire, and that no one was home during the fire besides a dog and a pet snake. He added that both the dog and snake were saved when the homeowner’s family members turned to find the home on fire.

“We wanted to save as much as we can, so the decision was made early to do an interior attack on it,” said Papelino. “For the amount of fire that was there when we got there, we got it out pretty quick.”

TO READ THE FULL STORY

The Evening Sun

Continue reading your article with a Premium Evesun Membership

View Membership Options




Comments

Official Evening Sun Facebook

pennysaver logo
Shop4Autos logo
greatgetaways logo
Official Evening Sun Twitter