SHOREHAM – After heading nearly five hours south, the All American BMX team of Norwich made good on their trip to Long Island when they returned home with a third-place finish as a team at the New York State finals.
Four of the five All American teammates received state plates in their respective classes en route to the team pulling out the third-place ranking.
• Ethan ‘Big Air’ Willis, second-place in 8 intermediate state point
• Carter Davenport, fifth-place in 9 expert state points
• Patrick ‘The Beast’ White, seventh-place in 11 intermediate state points • Timmy White, seventh-place in 9 novice state points
Notably, Vinny Rapid Redline Lawson came up short of his state plate, respectfully finishing fourth in state points.
During the Friday, October 6, pre-race, the All American BMX Team scored some solid first round results, while at Shoreham.
Friday’s State Pre-Race results:
• Timmy White, third-place in 9 novice class
• Ethan ‘Big Air’ Willis, fourth-place in 8 intermediate
• Patrick ‘The Beast’ White, DNQ in 11 intermediate class and third-place in cruiser class
• Carter Davenport, DNQ in 9 expert class
• Vinny ‘Rapid Redline’ Lawson, fourth-place in 8 expert class
Advancing to Saturday, October 7, the All American BMX team was at a win or go home crossroads, as the squad advanced to the New York State finals.