Chenango County Football – Finally cracking into the Top-20, Bainbridge-Guilford football has now won nine of their past 10 games, dating back to the four-game win streak to end the 2016 season, to earn a clean ranking of 20th.
Currently holding an overall record of 5-1 overall (bye week win), and having a division record of 3-1, B-G sits at third in their rough Class D Division V. Their biggest game yet comes this weekend as the Bobcats head to 4-2 and second-place in Class D Division V, Deposit-Hancock this coming Saturday. The game adds intensity with major playoff implications for Bainbridge-Guilford.
Other Chenango County teams who are now garnering honorable mention status in the state rankings include: Norwich (Class B, 4-1 overall), Greene (Class D, 4-2 overall), and Harpursville-Afton (Class D, 3-2 overall).
• Norwich at Windsor football on Friday, October 13, at 7 p.m.
• Bainbridge-Guilford at Deposit-Hancock football on Saturday, October 14, at 1:30 p.m.
• Oxford-GMU at Harpursville-Afton football on Saturday, October 14, at 1:30 p.m.
• Unadilla Valley at Walton football on Saturday, October 14, at 1:30 p.m.
• Sherburne-Earlville will be home against Little Falls on Friday, October 13, at 7 p.m.
Notably, Greene football will have an open bye week and receives their Seton Catholic imposed bye week win.