ENDICOTT – Another trip to Grippen Park for the All American BMX Team in Norwich, simply means that the team is bringing home more hardware.
With eight new riders joining the growing team in the past week, the team has now expanded to encompass Greene, Oxford and Morris – as well as having riders from Norwich.
“The word is spreading across the county,” said coach Dave Lawson, of the growing numbers and support for the sport.
Lawson added that due to the high influx of new riders, he had to call Champion Speedway BMX, in order to secure enough bikes for all riders.
“They saved the day,” said Lawson.
With their most recent race happening this past Friday, March 31, the team saw 11 riders place in the races in Endicott.
• Rowdy Etling, Second place in the 9 Novice Class
• Vinny ‘Rapid Redline’ Lawson, Second place in the 7 Intermediate Class
• Paige Sherwood – a new addition who is only four years old – Third place in the 6 Novice Class
• Timmy White, Third place in the 7 Novice Class
• Reed Etling, Third place in the 9 Novice Class
• Ethan Moore, Fourth place in the 13 Novice Class
• Riley Seeley, Fifth place in the 13 Novice Class
• Owen Wier, Second place in the 13 Novice Class
• Phillip ‘Factory’ Sheridan, Second place in the 10 Intermediate Class
• Hunter Wenzel, First place in the 11 Novice Class
• Patrick White, Third place in the 11 Novice Class
For anyone interested in getting involved or looking for more details on the sport, contact Dave Lawson at: email@example.com or by cell phone at 607-371-1529.
Lawson will be holding an All American BMX meeting on April 5, at the Norwich YMCA at 7 p.m. in conference room.