Weekend fire in downtown Norwich

NORWICH – On Sunday March 20, shortly after 2 a.m., the Norwich Fire Department responded to a call for a fire at Howard Johnson’s Hotel on North Broad Street in the city of Norwich.

According to the Fire Chief Tracy Chawgo, the fire originated in room 213 of the hotel when one of the heating units had allegedly shorted out and in turn caused a small electrical fire in said unit.

There's more to this story! You're only seeing 40% of the story. Subscribe now to get immediate access to the rest of the story as well as our whole online offering.

Today's Other Stories

© 2018 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
Create an Account Forgot Password Help
pennysaver logo greatgetaways logo
We're on Facebook