TV blamed for Guilford fire

GUILFORD – Investigators have linked Sunday’s devastating fire that left a family without a home in Guilford to a faulty television set.

The Guilford Fire Department, assisted by the Oxford Fire Department, responded to a fire at a home located at 118 Mechanic St. in the Town of Guilford around 6 p.m. on Monday after the family living there saw smoke inside. The fire quickly spread from the living room through the walls and to the ceiling before crews had a chance to stop it.

There's more to this story! You're only seeing 40% of the story. Subscribe now to get immediate access to the rest of the story as well as our whole online offering.

Today's Other Stories

© 2018 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
Create an Account Forgot Password Help
pennysaver logo greatgetaways logo
We're on Facebook