Sherburne apartment wrecked by fire

SHERBURNE – A Sherburne man received minor burns Thursday night after gasoline he was draining down a bathroom sink ignited and caught fire.

Sherburne Fire Chief Patrick Lawrence said volunteers were on scene in about three minutes after being notified just after 9 p.m. and contained the 15A East State St. apartment fire.

Lawrence said the apartment was located above a village business and had one other unit in the building. The structure also shares walls with a number of other downtown buildings.

“Our first engine was out and on the scene in three minutes and found a working fire. Most of the fire was confined to the rear of the apartment in the bathroom and kitchen areas, with some minor extension to the attic. Crews made quick work of the fire in the room of origin and spent the next couple of hours chasing hot spots,” said the fire chief.

There's more to this story! You're only seeing 42% of the story. Subscribe now to get immediate access to the rest of the story as well as our whole online offering.

Today's Other Stories

© 2018 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
Create an Account Forgot Password Help
pennysaver logo greatgetaways logo
We're on Facebook