Smoke detectors wake Sherburne family to escape burning home

SHERBURNE – Just after midnight Monday, Danielle and Mike Edwards, along with their two sleeping children, were suddenly awakened by the screeching sound of an electronic alarm and the smell of smoke.

A fire had broken out in the center of the couple’s mobile home and the family called 911, grabbed a handful of belongings and fled into the street.

“This incident was a huge reminder of the importance of smoke detectors,” said Sherburne Fire Chief Patrick Lawrence. “The Edwards’ were awoken by their detectors, enabling themselves and two young children to safely escape without injury.”

There's more to this story! You're only seeing 29% of the story. Subscribe now to get immediate access to the rest of the story as well as our whole online offering.

Today's Other Stories

© 2018 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
Create an Account Forgot Password Help
pennysaver logo greatgetaways logo
We're on Facebook