Firefighters save North Norwich home

NORWICH Fire investigators say a chimney is to blame for starting a North Norwich home fire that ignited early Saturday morning.

At about 5:20 a.m. Saturday, North Norwich fire crews responded to a 911 call reporting that the home of Richard and Janet Decker at 183 Brookins Road in the Town of North Norwich, was aflame.

Decker, chairman of the Chenango County Board of Supersivors, and his wife were not injured in the fire. Crews were able to save the single-family, wooden structure form the blaze, bringing it under control within 25 minutes after arriving on the scene.

There's more to this story! You're only seeing 43% of the story. Subscribe now to get immediate access to the rest of the story as well as our whole online offering.

Today's Other Stories

© 2018 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
Create an Account Forgot Password Help
pennysaver logo greatgetaways logo
We're on Facebook