Firefighters evacuate a dozen suffering from CO poisoning

NORWICH Emergency crews from the Norwich Fire Department responded to an incident Saturday that resulted in five people being hospitalized due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

A seven-unit apartment house at 5617 Rt. 12 in the Town of Norwich, was evacuated early Saturday morning and its tenants, one of them a pregnant woman, were taken to Chenango Memorial Hospital, said Deputy Fire Coordinator Michael K. Beckwith. Five of out of the 10 to 12 residents were taken for treatment by emergency crews.

There's more to this story! You're only seeing 34% of the story. Subscribe now to get immediate access to the rest of the story as well as our whole online offering.

Today's Other Stories

© 2018 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
Create an Account Forgot Password Help
pennysaver logo greatgetaways logo
We're on Facebook