Cigarette butt sparks garage fire

An apparently still-lit cigarette discarded in a bag of trash is believed to be the cause of an accidental garage fire Monday afternoon at 106 Silver St., City of Norwich Firefighters confirmed. Fire crews were able to quickly extinguish the blaze, which they said was mostly smoke. The contents of the garage were destroyed, but there was little to no structural damage. The occupants of the residents were not home at the time.

Today's Other Stories

© 2018 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
Create an Account Forgot Password Help
pennysaver logo greatgetaways logo
We're on Facebook