Fire destroys Oxford home

The Oxford Fire Department responded to a fire on 156 Charles-Kelly Road, Oxford, after receiving an emergency call from neighbors. Crews dispatched to the scene at about 7:22 p.m. Tuesday. “The fire was already all through the building when we got there and was rolling up onto the roof,” said Oxford Fire Chief Ron Martin. The house was a total loss, but no one was injured in the blaze. The owner’s dog was caught in the fire and died. “It’s still under investigation, but it pretty much seems to be electrical in nature,” said Martin. Crews remained at the scene for four hours but had the fire under control in the first 45 minutes.

Today's Other Stories

© 2018 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
Create an Account Forgot Password Help
pennysaver logo greatgetaways logo
We're on Facebook