NORWICH – An electrical fire raged through a Norwich house along Steer Lane Thursday afternoon, starting in the basement and traveling all the way to the attic.
No one was injured in the blaze that destroyed the home of Daryl and Bobbi Jo Woodbeck.
The City of Norwich and North Norwich fire departments responded to the emergency call placed at approximately 12:06 p.m. Thursday, and left more than two and a half hours later.
“We determined the fire was electrical in nature from a pinched extension cord that eventually built up heat,” said Norwich Fire Captain Mike Ford.
The official cause of the fire was determined to be electrical, due to the degradation of the insulation surrounding an extension cord operating a desk fan...