VCR sparks North Norwich fire

NORTH NORWICH North Norwich, Norwich and New Berlin fire crews were called to respond to a house fire on Guile Road in the Town of North Norwich at about 10 a.m., Tuesday.

The fire started in the bedroom of Elaine Woods, who was at work at the time. Her tenant, Edward J. Rooney, called the fire department after discovering the fire. Rooney suffered from smoke inhalation while attempting to get the household pets out and control the blaze, said fire officials. Rooney was taken to Chenango Memorial Hospital and treated for minor injuries.

There's more to this story! You're only seeing 54% of the story. Subscribe now to get immediate access to the rest of the story as well as our whole online offering.

Today's Other Stories

© 2018 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
Create an Account Forgot Password Help
pennysaver logo greatgetaways logo
We're on Facebook