Early morning electrical fire destroyed Earlville home Friday

EARLVILLE – An early morning electrical fire kept emergency crews from Earlville and surrounding departments busy for several hours on Friday, as they worked to extinguish the blaze which gutted a rural farmhouse on Borden Road just North of the Madison County line.



“The call came in at 6:33 a.m.,” reported Earlville Fire Chief Robert Tracy, who said the residents of the home – Jen Brown and Carrie Hartz – were asleep on the second story when the fire broke out. They awoke to a strange smell, he said, and when they investigated, discovered flames coming from an electrical outlet at which time they called 911.

Tracy said the rear of the structure was already heavily engulfed in flames when he and his crew arrived on scene shortly thereafter. By the time responders were able to extinguish the blaze, the interior of the house was “pretty much totaled,” he said.


There's more to this story! You're only seeing 29% of the story. Subscribe now to get immediate access to the rest of the story as well as our whole online offering.

Today's Other Stories



© 2014 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
We're on Facebook