NORWICH – The Chenango County Sheriff’s Department is reporting that six people, five from Norwich, were arrested Friday as the result of an investigation into the distribution and possession of narcotics in Chenango County.
Members of the Sheriff’s Department, Norwich City Police and New York State Police Community Narcotics Enforcement Team (CNET) executed a no-knock search warrant and arrested the following individuals:
• Leon Bellamy Jr., 27, Syracuse
• Wendy F. Peck, 37, Norwich
• Chad J. Shields, 40, Norwich
• Denise C. Cecula, 56, Norwich
• Michael R. Bishop, 36, Norwich
• Brandi R. Button, 27, Norwich
Bellamy, Peck and Shields were charged with one count each of first degree criminal nuisance, a felony. Cecula, Button and Bishop were charged with one count each of first degree loitering, a misdemeanor.
More details will be available in Monday’s edition of The Evening Sun.