NORWICH – The Chenango County Public Health Department will hold two, by appointment only H1N1 flu vaccine clinics in November for children ages 2-18. No walk-ins will be accepted.
The clinics are scheduled from 1 to 3 p.m., Friday, Nov. 6 and from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 19 on the basement floor of the Chenango County Office Building on Court Street.
Only the intranasal, live vaccine will be available. Those children who should not receive live intranasal vaccine include:
• Children under 2 years of age;
• Anyone with a weakened immune system;
• Anyone with a long-term health problem such as heart, kidney, liver, and lung diseases and metabolic diseases such as diabetes, asthma, anemia and other blood disorders;
• Children younger than 5 years with asthma or one or more episodes of wheezing during the past year;
• Anyone with certain muscle or nerve disorders (such as cerebral palsy) that can lead to breathing or swallowing problems;