NORWICH – County leaders supported the following not-for-profit organizations for the year 2007:
• Chenango County Chamber of Commerce: $4,000.
• Chenango County Council of the Arts: $6,000.
• Chenango County College Center: $32,958.
• Chenango County Historical Society (Museum): $5,000.
• Chenango County Cornell Cooperative Extension: $230,309.
• Chenango County Tourism: $40,300.
In addition to the funds appropriated to Cooperative Extension, the county allotted the not-for-profit $10,000 from a set-aside economic development pool of funds, called “Publicity.” The pool is specifically applied by lawmakers to promote businesses, organizations and infrastructure projects.