NCSD takes measures in light of Connecticut tragedy

NORWICH – In the wake of the devastating events that transpired in Newtown, Conn. on Friday, the Norwich City School District is reassuring parents that the four schools encompassing the district are taking precautionary measures to make each one a safe place of learning for students of all grades and ages.



Norwich City Schools Superintendent Gerard O’Sullivan said the district is attentively examining “what-if” situations, and comparing last week’s tragedy to possible scenarios in Gibson Primary, Perry Browne Elementary, and the Middle and High Schools in Norwich. “We’re looking at our safety plans and what we could do,” O’Sullivan said. “We are looking at the facts from the tragedy and what could be done to make our buildings the safest they can be.”


There's more to this story! You're only seeing 43% of the story. Subscribe now to get immediate access to the rest of the story as well as our whole online offering.

Today's Other Stories



© 2014 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
We're on Facebook