In conclusion of the extensive history off the above district the photo shows the overgrown area where the schoolhouse originally stood. This has been the scenario many times over with the disbandment of the one-room schoolhouses that dotted the landscape in the pioneer days of settling Chenango County. The research of the assorted histories has given the facts that either the schoolhouses were abandoned to fall into ruin, burned, torn down, converted to private residences, used as chicken coops, storage, etc. The only positive aspect of all this is that the schoolhouses that have been converted to private dwellings, although greatly modified, are still in use today.
To conclude this history, this article will be focused on more or less a statistical report of this district’s students, teachers, etc.
For the school year of 8/1/1893 to 7/31/1894 W. H. Harrington was trustee, George C. Hall and Willie M. Tyler were retained as teachers, each 16 weeks with actual days teaching 77. We find the school books by Swinton were used frequently, with the names of Robinson, Appleton, Thomson, Fish’s, Reed and Kellogg’s, Bronk’s, Hutchinson being used in teaching. Students names did not very much, Harrington, Richardson, Dolan, Foster, being listed as students.