Continuing to document the numerous scholars who attended the Red Schoolhouse the school register for the winter term commencing on May 5, 1845 the register found that Abel P. Warner was the teacher and that a total of 51 scholars were enrolled for that term. Last names that appear as registered are Pulford, Burt, Lord, Bennett, Haskins, Benjamin. Breed, Kinney, Blackman, Wilcox, Breed, Jones, Darling, Catlin, Carling, Nye, Coon, Jones, Justice, Sanford and Lee. This attendance record was sworn before John J. Wilcox, and subscribed and affirmed September 6, 1845.
For the fall/winter term Nov. 17, 1845 we find Nelson Brooks as teacher with a total of 65 scholars enrolled from Nov. 17, Dec, Jan. and Feb. 1846. Again the names appearing on the register are Pulford, Lord, Haskins, Burt, Jones, Blackman, Justice, Catlin, Wilcox, Sanford, Bennet, Nye, Henry, Comstock, Breed, Benjamin Coon, Brown, Bennett, Fairchild, Darling, Utter Sanford, Poole and Guthrie. Many of these family names will be carried through the years as perhaps families did not relocate quite as often as they do today.
For the spring term 5/18/46 we find Pulford, Jones, Haskins, Lord, Burt, Benjamin, Blackman, Coon, Catlin, Bennet, Nye, Breed, Wilcox, Kinney, Utter, Darling, Brayman, Fairchild, Comstock, Hayes and again Wilcox. With these family names, partial are repeats as different families of the same last name were settlers to the Lincklaen Township. As has been written in previous articles, district schools were usually located so that the children only had to walk one and a half to two miles for their education. Listed as teacher for this year was again Margaret Rnyeck, teacher with A. Scott Sloan certifying the accuracy of the report!