This week we return to the next district in Lincklaen which shows on the map with this article that District #11 and formerly #2 was located next to the Pond District #1. As has been written numerous times, and with lack in history, repetitive, the districts were aligned so that the scholars did not have more than 1-2 miles to walk for their education. This writer regrets that no photo exists of this district, but we will assume that has been lost to the ages.
Information that Mario Poole documented in “Early Days in Lincklaen” gives us the location of the South Hill School as being on the road from the Springer Farm to North Pitcher near the Cross Road that goes to Melvin Coon’s farm. In her documentation she noted that in 1857 there were 60 pupils, but by 1907 only 10.