For a slightly different look at the history of the school districts in the Town of Guilford, we travel to the eastern boundaries of the town and look at a school history of the school named above which would eventually become the Mt. Upton Central School. It is regrettable that we do not have the historical information relevant to the construction of this building, but, perhaps with further research this history will be revealed. If is such the case, there is always room to add to the pages of Guilford school history.
The information that is available is somewhat statistical and it is hoped that this article does not become “dull!” In the time frame of 1910 to 1918 the following gentlemen served on the Regents of the University of the New York State Education Department. Lucien L. Shedden (1910) - Eugene A. Philbin (1909) - Edward Lauterbach (1911) - Albert VanderVeer (1915) - Charles L. Gardner (1910) - William H. Nottingham (1918) - T. Gifford Smith (1912) - Pliny T. Sexton (1914) - Daniel Beach (1919) - St. Clair McKeeway (1917) and William Reed (1918) who served as Chancellor. To these gentlemen who served so graciously to further the educational system of the State of New York a debt of gratitude is appropriate.