It is time to turn to the many joint districts which were part of Greene and other townships. The information pertaining to these districts is scant; however we will touch on the historical information relevant to all that has been researched.
The first joint district was joint #1 between Greene and Smithville and was in existence from 1835-1844 which was taken from district #7 which was originally Greene/Smithville. The second joint district was joint #2 again Greene/Smithville and was only in existence from 1830 to 1836 when it was changed to District #1. No information is found relevant to Joint District #11, again Greene/Smithville only that its life span was 1839-1877. We will now relate onlyJ.D. # and the number of years in existence.
Number #25 Greene/Smithville in existence from 1856-1901 when it was dissolved and added to Greene District #13 and the property was divided between the two towns, and this building no longer exists. The only research found relevant to this district was a low of 19 scholars and a high of 25 and in 1901 dissolved and that the schoolhouse was in the Town of Greene near the Town line.
J.D. #2 which was Greene/Oxford from 1830 to 1838 when it became all #2 in Greene and this is the schoolhouse that is located in Brisben.