Once again we are going to describe the above district which was previously District #13 (Harbor District -Jan. 13, 2011) and previous to that was District #3 (Harbor District - Oct. 28, 2010) and finally become the above district renamed for the third time. The time frame for this District #23 to be active was 1866 -1938. However as there is to be no misunderstanding of all these changes, the site of District #23 the site of this district was near the intersection of Hotchkiss, Jackson Hill and Page Brook Road according to the 1875 Atlas Map of Chenango County.
In the research there was no information found relevant to boundary lines of district line changes and the information written in the above two previous articles and need not be repeated again.
The photo accompanying this article shows the school building in 1969 standing vacant and was left vacant till 1938 when a note was attached to Mrs. English’s research that reads as follows:
“Contracts with Greene - apparently the school closed at this time and has been vacant ever since, until sold at auction on January 12,1990.” No information has surfaced to this writer as to when the building was erected, how was it paid for, who did the actual work, etc. Perhaps at a later date this mystery will unravel.