Again we return to the township of Coventry for a bit of history relevant to the two districts titled above. As has been the scenario for this writer, at times the lack of historical facts are frustrating to say the least, but such is the case with all historians at one time or another while researching subjects. There is always the missing links that we so desire, but to no avail.
District #3 - Bulkeley District
Once gain this writer must give credit to the former historian Catherine Bickford for her documentation of history of the town of Coventry. In her research she found that the Bulkeley Hill Road name was derived from Brownell Buckeley who settled in Coventry in 1808 and settled on the farm which remained in the family until 1922. This school was located on the corner of Buckley Hill (note change in spelling) and County Road #30. It remained an educational institution till the centralization with Afton in the late 1940s or 1950s. After the closing of the school, William Manning converted into a home. It has been owned for a number of years by William Smith (the son of Edward and Helen Smith).