EDITOR’S NOTE: The Bricks & Mortar Report provides updates on major construction projects in Chenango County.
Brown Avenue Housing project:
• Contractors installed electrical and gas services last week for this low-income housing complex under the direction of the City of Norwich housing department.
• The exterior is completely finished on the single family unit.
• Appliances, cabinetry and carpets are ready to be installed.
• The estimated end date is early August.
• The Brown Avenue housing project began in 1999 as a program to provide home ownership opportunities for moderate income seniors.
• The original plans call for the construction of six duplex units, or 12 housing units. Each will be approximately 1,100 square feet.
• The bid for construction of one duplex structure was awarded to Richard Wakeman, a Sidney-based contractor, last March. The cost of construction was estimated at $283,300 or $141,650 per unit.