With the continued progress and growth of this young company, a native of Norwich, 38-year-old Robert Dennison Eaton, purchased in 1892 a quantity of preferred stock in the corporation. R.D. Eaton, a graduate of the old Norwich Academy (located on the site of the Chenango County Office Building) was already a successful businessman, being owner of the R.D. Eaton Grain & Feed Company which was located on East Main Street, which was destroyed by fire, and was the location of the former Victory Markets, now the P&C Plaza. Eaton saw great possibilities for the “pharmacy” and foresaw that it would eventually be a great asset to the community. With these possibilities at hand, he became actively engaged in the business and on Dec. 13, 1892 he was named inspector of elections for the new corporation. By the year 1901, Eaton was appointed a member of the board of directors and its salary at a salary of $5 weekly. Being a man of ideas and with business knowledge, his plan was to mold the progress that would eventually see this young corporation grow to become a leader in its field before his death.