EDITOR’S NOTE: The Bricks & Mortar Report provides updates on major construction projects in Chenango County.
Chenango County Public Works Department:
• The Chenango County Highway Department still has three crews out making road repairs, replacing culvert pipes and building bridges more than a year after the region experienced record-breaking floods.
• Department of Public Works Director Randy Gibbon said remediation work could continue through September of 2008.
• Chenango County’s roadways suffered more than $4 million worth of damage. Approximately $850,000 worth of work - some of which has already been completed - is still outstanding from the New York State Emergency Management Association.
• Upcoming projects include replacing the Race Road bridge in Bainbridge, the Ives Road bridge in Coventry, roadwork on county Route 27 in Coventry, and culverts on county Routes 23 and 32.
• The Chenango County Office of Employment and Training reported a 4.5 percent unemployment rate in September. The figure compares to 4.2 in August and 4.2 percent in September of 2006.