NORWICH – The opposition to New York Regional Interconnect Inc. has been waiting nearly a year for the power line developer to undergo – for the second time – its official review in Albany.
It will have to wait longer.
A spokesman for the Canadian-backed company said Friday that it won’t submit a completed version of the required Article VII transmission review application until the end of the summer.
“I had written back to you that the filing for NYRI’s Article VII, the subsequent filing, would be in July (2007),” said spokesman David Kalson in a voice message Friday, referring to an earlier electronic mail message. “I was just told it will probably be toward the end of the summer.”
NYRI’s first application – comprising three roughly 3-inch binders – was ruled “deficient” in several different areas of study and sent back by the state Public Service Commission – New York’s top power line authority – last July. Bill May, the power line’s project manager, had previously said he expected to correct the deficient information by June 1.
Kalson did not explain why the re-submission date had been pushed back.