CHENANGO COUNTY — The results are in. The 2017 Chenango County Republican Primary election results are listed as follows:
- Norwich City Court Judge: Michael J. Genute 281, Steven G. Natoli 264
- Town of Afton Justice: Normal L. Shaffer, Jr. 47, ✓ Pamela J. Wylubski 84
- Town of North Norwich Superintendent of Highways: ✓ Joseph M. Eldred 89, Albert B. Rounds 44
- Town of Norwich Superintendent of Highways: ✓ Barry D. Christopherson 111, Michael Gibbon 45
- Town of Plymouth Councilman: ✓ John E. Marvin 51, Jerry L. Kreiner 47, ✓ Daniel F. Meyer 60
- Town of Plymouth Superintendent of Highways: William P. Collar 30, ✓ Rodney Alan Oakley 61
- Town of Sherburne Clerk: Robert H. Pinney, Sr. 20, ✓ Kathy S. McDaniel 121
- Town of Smyrna Councilman: Robert L. Matteson 16, ✓ Wayne C. Simmons 51, ✓ Jessie J. Palmiter 45
Regarding the Norwich City Court Judge Republican Primary election, the Chenango County Board of Elections has indicated that the number of absentee ballots yet to be counted exceeds the difference in votes between the two candidates.
The official results will be announced in a week, when all absentee ballots can be counted.
Read more in Wednesday’s edition of The Evening Sun.