Fire reported shortly after noon on Tuesday, no injuries

OXFORD  Firefighters and first responders from Village of Oxford, Brisben and Preston Fire Departments quickly responded and knocked down a reported chimney fire two miles outside the village on Hoben Road shortly after noon, Tuesday. OFD and their mutual aid partners were able to isolate and extinguish the blaze, minimizing damage to the home. According to those on scene, it's believed that the fire was caused by a malfunctioning wood burning stove, and no injuries were reported.

Today's Other Stories

© 2018 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
Create an Account Forgot Password Help
pennysaver logo greatgetaways logo
We're on Facebook