EDITOR’S NOTE: The Bricks & Mortar Report provides updates on major construction projects in Chenango County.
• The Chenango County Office of Employment and Training reported an 8.2 percent unemployment rate in December. The figure was 6.6 percent in November, and compares to a 5.6 percent unemployment rate in November 2007.
• Chenango County’s rate is higher than the nation’s at 7.1 percent and New York’s overall unemployment rate of 6.8 percent.
Leigh Baldwin & Associates, LLC:
• Renovations are in full swing at Leigh Baldwin & Company, LLC, located in a former carriage barn behind the Manley House on Broad Street in Norwich.
• Work includes a new roof, new siding, all new windows and period-style window trim replicated around the entire building. On the interior, a new spiral staircase and finishes to the second floor will create additional office space for the Cazenovia-based broker.
• The project started in October and is expected to be completed in May.
• Leigh Baldwin & Company, LLC was the recipient of a Main Street grant through the Norwich Business Improvement District...