Electrical fire forces mother, children to flee home

SMYRNA – A Smyrna family was left homeless Wednesday night after an electrical fire burned through their residence, completely destroying their single-wide mobile home and all their possessions inside.

The home of Tonya and James Barker at 610 Davis Rd. in the Town of Smyrna became engulfed in flames at around 10:20 p.m. last night.

“The mother, Tonya, was home with her two children, ages two and 15, when she noticed sparks coming from above her coal stove,” said Chenango County Fire Coordinator Matthew L. Beckwith.

There's more to this story! You're only seeing 29% of the story. Subscribe now to get immediate access to the rest of the story as well as our whole online offering.

Today's Other Stories

© 2018 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
Create an Account Forgot Password Help
pennysaver logo greatgetaways logo
We're on Facebook