Charges reduced against Sidney man accused of making hospital bomb threat

NORWICH – A Sidney man has been banned from Chenango Memorial Hospital for allegedly making a verbal bomb threat earlier this month.



“I can understand why the hospital doesn’t want you on the premises,” Judge James Downey told Angel M. Torres, 49, of Sidney.

Torres was arrested by the Norwich City Police June 8 and charged with second degree falsely reporting an incident, a class E felony under the New York State Penal Code. According to the police, Torres told a hospital employee that he was “going to get a bomb” and blow up the health care facility.


There's more to this story! You're only seeing 45% of the story. Subscribe now to get immediate access to the rest of the story as well as our whole online offering.

Today's Other Stories



© 2014 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
We're on Facebook