NORWICH – At around 10:30 p.m. Friday, the Norwich Fire Department responded to a fire at Sun Printing at 57 Borden Ave.
The fire started when an exhaust fan on a piece of packaging equipment overheated and flamed, setting a nearby pile of paper dust on fire. The device was located in a chimney used to ventilate the machinery and 16 employees were in the building at the time of the incident.
Workers using fire extinguishers put out the flames, but a large amount of smoke continued to fill the building.
The Norwich Fire Department dismantled the chimney from the roof of the building to ensure the fire had been put out.
No one was injured in the fire.