Two plead guilty in cemetery vandalism

OXFORD – Two of the three Oxford teens charged with cemetery desecration and burglary pleaded guilty in Village of Oxford Court Monday.

The youngest of the three youths, ages 16 and 17, were released into the custody of their parents after pleading guilty to fourth degree criminal mischief, a misdemeanor, said First Assistant District Attorney Stephen M. Dunshee.



Dunshee said the boys will be placed on probation, they’ll likely be required to perform community service and make an undetermined attempt at restitution for their crimes.

Before their release Monday, the youths had been incarcerated at the Chenango County Correctional Facility since being arrested Oct. 20.

Originally all three suspects were charged with four felonies and four misdemeanors after allegedly destroying more 30 gravestones and breaking into the Oxford Memorial Library at around 1 a.m. Oct. 16.


There's more to this story! You're only seeing 28% of the story. Subscribe now to get immediate access to the rest of the story as well as our whole online offering.

Today's Other Stories



© 2014 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
We're on Facebook