Wlasiuk trial moved to September; defense looks for change in venue

NORWICH – Another false start in the second murder trial of Peter Wlasiuk – now he’ll have to wait until September.

Chenango County District Attorney Joseph McBride confirmed Wednesday morning that Wlasiuk’s retrial has been adjourned until September. The trial had been set to begin with jury selection this coming Monday.



McBride declined to elaborate, except to say that the postponement, approved by acting Broome County Judge Martin Smith, came at the request of the defense.

In a telephone interview yesterday, Wlasiuk’s attorney, Randel Scharf of Cooperstown, said before the September trial date rolls around, he’ll be requesting a change of venue in the case.

“This guy is not going to get a fair trial in Chenango County,” Scharf said of his client. “Pete doesn’t trust anything about Norwich at all.”


There's more to this story! You're only seeing 27% of the story. Subscribe now to get immediate access to the rest of the story as well as our whole online offering.

Today's Other Stories



© 2014 Snyder Communications/The Evening Sun
29 Lackawanna Avenue, Norwich, NY 13815 - (607) 334-3276
We're on Facebook