NORWICH – The City of Norwich Emergency Management Office disseminated the following information Monday afternoon:
• All flood damaged items, including white goods, should be placed at the curb for free pickup.
• Tipping fees at the county landfill have been waived for flood damaged debris.
• The Norwich YMCA is offering shower facilities to flood victims at no charge. Call the YMCA at 336-YMCA for more information.
• The City of Norwich is waiving the building permit fees for anyone completing flood related repairs to their home or business. A permit is still required, but there will not be a charge.
• The American Red Cross is offering free cleanup kits so residents can begin the process of safely cleaning their homes. The kits include a mop, pail, cleaner, bleach and a broom. Additional bleach and gloves will also be available. Call the Fire Department at 334-3411.